BULL POND RECREATION AREA
Recreation Division (RD)
Bull Pond Rd, 5 miles south of Round Pond Recreation Area, Rt. 293
Reservations Office (Round Pond):
FAX: (Round Pond): (845) 938-3788
PETS & WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED at the Bull Pond Complex.Violators will forfeit their remaining reservation if discovered during staff spot checks.
BULL POND.... An affordable vacation!
If you're looking for an affordable family vacation close to home, we have just the place for you! The Bull Pond Recreation Area, located off Rt. 293 on the West Point Reservation, offers two fully equipped cottages and a boat house
View Bull Pond Recreation Area in a larger map
Due to infrastructure failures over the course of the off season, Bldg. 1806, the Guest House, will not be available for rent during the upcoming season. Pricing has been adjusted accordingly. We are diligently working to correct these major structural issues for the 2016 season. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Bull Pond Rental Cottages
Standing Operating Procedure
The Bull Pond “complex”, located 5 miles from Round Pond off Rt. 293, consists of two self contained cottages, the Stone House and Guest House, a sand beach swim area with aluminum raft, paddle boat, canoe and V-bottom row boat moored at a boat house with pool table and boating amenities.
• a. Stone House: consists of sleeping accommodations for two (2) persons, (one king sized bed). Amenities include a full service kitchen (stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, toaster, sink, dishes, glassware, pots and pans, and utensils and seating for 6), bathroom with shower, living room with satellite dish TV/DVD and screened front porch overlooking Bull Pond. It is equipped with heat and 911 activated telephone (938-4224) and no air conditioning. The fireplace is not operational and is off limits for use.
• (Due to infrastructure failures over the course of the off season, Bldg. 1806, the Guest House, will not be available for rent during the upcoming season) b. Guest House: accommodates five persons (three single and one double bed), is equipped with heat, satellite TV/DVD, 911 activated telephone (938-3234), full bath and kitchen with refrigerator, gas range, microwave toaster, sink, dishes, glassware, pots and pans, and utensils to accommodate 6 persons.
All renters must be authorized IAW Army Regulation AR 215-1 and be 21 years of age or older. Eligible personnel may NOT sponsor usage to another person(s) without approval from the Coordinator, Outdoor Recreation. Proof of eligibility is required upon securing a reservation.
• a. Reservations are accepted on a lottery basis conducted at the at thre Bonneville Cabin at Round Pond beginning at 9am, first Saturday in April for Active Duty Military ONLY. One chip per active duty military member, no exceptions will be granted. Proxies are limited to one per person. You pre-register at (845) 938-2503 starting March 21st.
Reservations will continue for all other eligible personnel on the following Monday at 8am at the Round Pond office on a first-come first-served basis for any remaining dates.
• b. 100% of the reservation fee is required upon reservation.
• c. Bull Pond campers are recommended to contact the Outdoor Recreation Office at Round Pond, (845) 938-2503, at one weeks prior to coordinate any aspects of their stay at Bull Pond.
Campers unable to use their Bull Pond reservation are committed to securing an eligible replacement to assume their reservation. Round Pond will assist campers in securing replacements through waiting lists and post media. No refunds will be granted.
5. CHECK-IN/CHECK OUT:
Check-in is 2pm & checkout at 10am on Mondays and Fridays. All check-ins and checkouts are at Bull Pond.
6. CAMPER RESPONSIBILITY:
• a. Contact Round Pond one weeks prior to arrival date to confirm reservation. Notify admin.
staff of any changes to original reservation information.
• b. Control of all occupants and visiting guests.
• c. Restoration and accountability of facility, contents to original condition and location upon
departure. (Cottage equipment, furniture or bedding are NOT to be used outside of the buildings) A joint inventory will be taken by the camper and a Round Pond staff member. Campers are liable for loss or damages incurred.
• d. Security of the Bull Pond facility during the entire reservation period.
• e. Observe the policies governing Bull Pond and laws established by the State of New York for consumption of alcoholic beverages, (must be 21 years of age).
• f. Police entire building, grounds, removal of all food and trash upon departure.
• a. Bedding is provided for each bed, including blankets, sheets, pillows/pillow cases.
• b. Bath towels, cleaning products and utensils are provided based upon cottage occupancy.
• c. Campers must provide own toiletries.
• d. Utilities are propane gas, 110V electric and chlorinated well water.
8. WATER FRONT:
• a. Swimming is at the campers risk, no lifeguard available. Boaters are to WEAR life
jackets at all times, which are provided in the boat house.
• b. Fishing is encouraged: anglers age 16-adult must have a current NYS fishing license and West Point permit, (available at Round Pond). Each occupant will have a key to the 1st floor of the boathouse. Camper must provide their own bait and tackle.
• c. Campers are asked not to fish inside of the buoyed swimming area.
• a. Open fires are permitted using the fire rings provided. Fires in outdoor BBQ grills will be made with charcoal only. Campers must provide own firewood and charcoal.
• b. PETS & WEAPONS ARE PROHIBITED at the Bull Pond Complex. Violators will
forfeit their remaining reservation if discovered during staff spot checks.
In cases of emergency, contact the MP desk at (845) 938-3333. Occupants are to contact the Round Pond Office, (845) 938-2503 in the event of an emergency concerning facility repairs, problems and services.
• 2016 Rental Lease Agreement
• 2016 Availability Dates and Pricing
• 2016 Lottery Form
• 2016 Lottery Proxy Form
• Fishing Information