web banner home page button



Monday - Friday, 10:30am -4:30pm (hours may vary)

Child, Youth & School Services (CYSS)
Army School Liaison Services
Bldg. 695, West Point , NY
(845) 938-2092
Fax: (845) 938-3809

Ms. Michi Carl,
Army School Liaison Officer

School Support Services

View Building 695 in a larger map
The School Liaison Officer works in conjunction with the Child and Youth Services Division and the local school community to address educational issues involving military children. Through partnering with the local and military community, the School Liaison Officer uses a variety of resources to provide school age youth with educational opportunities and information necessary to achieve academic success and ease transition. The School Liaison Officer acts as a communication link between the installation and the surrounding school districts.
DoD Education Activity
WP Elementary School
WP Middle School
Highland Falls-Fort Montgomery Central School District
James O'Neill High School
Orange County Schools Info Page
NYS Graduation Requirements
HFFMCSD Shool Calendar
In/Out Processing
Per AR 600-8-101, all Soldiers with accompanying children/youth (from infant to age 18) will in and out process throughCYSS/School Support Services for an explanation of the services of the School Liaison Officer.

Are you
Out Processing soon? Here are some helpful tips.
Contact gaining school counselor for information regarding student re- cords, transfer credits, regulations, and placement.
Have students most recent school records, separated by student. DO NOT PACK WITH HOUSE- HOLD GOODS. Records should include: report cards, transcripts, special needs documents, shot records.
Have address, phone and fax number of current school or alternate location if school has closed, as well as same information for new school, if determined before departure.
Give current school adequate notice of your departure & formally process out of current school.
Deliver all hand carried records to gaining school according to school policy & provide gaining school with previous school information so that records can be requested.

Transferring with an IEP?
When transferring with an individualized education program, the new school is required to provide a free appropriate public education. This includes providing comparable services to those available through the current IEP. While the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act requires that the new school provide services, it does not require that the services at the new location be exactly the same as those provided by the previous school. Comparable services are services that are similar or equivalent to those outlined on the incoming IEP. The flexibility in the phrase "comparable services" allows the school to determine how best to provide a FAPE using the previous IEP as a guide to the needs of the

How are we doing?
ICE Interactive Customer Evaluation
Home Schooling
Home Schooling
National Home Education Network
New York Home Educators' Network
About.Com Home Schooling
Home Schooling Central
Education Week/Home Schooling

College Preparation Resources
Getting ready for college means planning for the future and making some very important decisions. While there are endless search engines to help you in your endeavors below is a list of a few that you may find helpful.
Colleges Listed by State – Find hundreds of Colleges and Universities listed by state. You can apply online, request information or just begin gathering information about college.
Campus Tours – Take a virtual tour, view the interactive map, or watch a video of hundreds of
College Week Live – Join hundreds
of colleges and universities from
around the world. Watch
application and admissions
experts speak on a variety
of topics, video chat with
college students, visit virtual booths, real-time interactive
Q&A with admissions officials,
and more.
The Princeton Review.Com – Explore colleges, careers and majors. Let the website find a college for you based on your profile (location, size, major, etc)
My College Guide – Looking for
the right college, want
information about career choices,
want to learn more about the
admissions process?
Schools in the USA – View schools
across the U.S. in one
convenient, easy to use location. Compare criteria, including
tuition costs, location, admission requirements, program start
dates and more.
In State Tuition

MilitaryHOMEFRONT is sending this special announcement to bring you up-to-date on the latest information available to troops and families, leaders, and service providers. Please share it with your families, staff, and coworkers!

eKnowledge – NFL Players, &
Department of Defense Provide
FREE SAT/ACT. Through a major education initiative, eKnowledge, NFL Players, & Department of Defense Provide are providing FREE SAT/ACT test preparation assistance to all active duty and retired military and their dependents nationwide.

Scholarship Information
The below links are for
additional scholarship
Military Children’s Scholarship

Fisher House Foundation
Scholarship Programs

If you are planning on
attending a four-year college
and are interested in receiving
a tuition scholarship along
with some of the best
leadership training
available, an ROTC
scholarship may be right for you.

Scholarships for Military Children/Commissaries
You will find many scholarships
offered by each branch of the
military and military affiliated organizations.
Special educational benefits
and aid are available for
veterans and their dependants.

National and Federal aid is
available through organizations
such as DoDEA, the Department of Education and others

Additional helpful Resources
Military OneSource 
Army OneSource   

Military HomeFront    www.militaryhomefront.dod.mil
Military Child Education Coalition  www.militarychild.org
Military Impacted Schools
Family and Morale,
Welfare and Recreation Command
StudyStrong    www.myarmyonesource.com/cyss_tutor/
MilitaryKidsConnect     www.militarykidsconnect.org